We prefer you include images via URL in your posts (hotlink) however if you don’t have the image available online, this form allows you to send images to the 807area admin/webmaster to include with your announcement/PSA. This form can also be used for other images such as an avatar for your profile or update/change any images you provided previously. More details at bottom of page.
Note: to save on our bandwidth and shorten upload/download time please make your images ‘web ready’ before uploading them to us. Web ready is making sure that the images are in GIF/PNG format for logos or illustrations or JPEG for photos and that they fit on a web page (not too big). The recommended resolution of web images images is 72 or 96 dpi.
Image Upload Form Field Details
- Image Type - is it an Avatar, Header, Illustration or Photo image? This determines how the uploaded image is to be handled.
- Avatar - an image to be included in your user/member profile and used in 807area site. If you are going to include an avatar (which is highly recommended), it is best to have a an image that can be cropped/sized to a medium size and/or a small size square. A full sized avatar image is 150 x 150 @ 96 dpi, please make sure the image you send is not smaller.
- Header - A 770px × 225px minimum image size for your header is recommended. The image does not have to be exactly 770px × 225px, the image may be sized/cropped to fit.
- Photo - Usually very little modification to the uploaded image is needed. A JPEG image no bigger than 640px x 480px (480px x 640px if portrait) with a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi is recommended.
- Illustration – Same as photo however GIF or PNG format is recommended. Max size 960px (image may be sized/cropped to fit if larger).
- Special Instructions - Placement (if you want it in a certain spot within your post), Title of post to use the image in (if you have more than one post), whether you are replacing or adding to, etc.
Note: The following options are NOT used for Avatar type images. The fields describe below are optional however ‘Image Title’ and ‘Alt Text’ should be used.
- Image Title – Give your image a title also displays when you ‘mouse over’ the image. (useful for the search engines).
- Image Caption – Visible text to include with your photo (ex: who is in the photo or location of photo).
- Alt Text (Alternative Text) – Text used in place of the image if the image can’t be displayed or viewed or a brief statement of what the image is. ex: ‘Photo of my dog Rex’ (also useful for the search engines)
- Description – Yet more details you can add about the image (like a long version of ‘Alt Text’). Used more for managing your image library.